Graphic Design Forum
Behind Every Name There is a Person
- Respect the privacy of your classmates and what they share in class.
- Ask classmates for clarification if you find a discussion posting offensive or difficult to understand.
- Avoid sweeping generalizations. Back up your stated opinions with facts and reliable sources.
- Understand that we may disagree and that exposure to other people’s opinions is part of the learning experience.
- Be respectful of each other. We’re all in this together. Before posting a comment, ask whether you would be willing to make the same comment to a person’s face.
- Keep in mind that everything you write, indeed every click of your mouse is recorded on the network server. On the Internet there are no take backs.
- Keep in mind that you are taking a college class. Something that would be inappropriate in a traditional classroom is also inappropriate in an online classroom.
- Be aware that typing in all capital letters indicates shouting.
- Be careful with humor and sarcasm. Both can easily be misunderstood!
- Review all discussion postings before posting your own to prevent redundancy.
- Check your writing for errors by reviewing what you’ve written before submitting it.
- Acronyms (LOL, etc.) and emoticons (smilies) are commonly used online, but be careful not to overuse them.
- Many communications with your instructor or fellow students are best handled through email. Only post on the classroom discussion board if the conversation is relevant to others in the class.
- Responsive Design with Adobe Illustrator4 years, 10 months ago
- Graphic Design Forum